• Parish museum


Parish museum

Resorts: Torgnon

For visits, please contact the parish or the library of the village.

Free admission


The museum, situated in the Chapel of the Immaculate Conception, communicating with the San Martin parish church, offers different interesting details:

  • a rare Christ on the column, which can be dated back to around the middle of the 14th century;
  • a Saint James (unfortunately damaged) from the middle of the 15th century, attributed to the same author of the Saint Maurice of Moron (St-Vincent) and the great Saint Christopher of Saint-Étienne (Aosta);
  • a Holy Bishop from the 14th century, accompanied by two altar boys: this is probably the group that decorated the church’s high altar in the 14th and 15th centuries;
  • a Madonna and Child and Saints James and Martin, patron saints of the church. These are the most precious works in the museum, dating back at the start of the 16th century, and probably coming from an altar which had to replace the pre-existing one. The three sculptures are from the German school and were propably created in the workshop of Jorg Lederer, sculptor from Allgau, active throughout the first half of the 16th century in Swabia and the Tyrol area.

See also

Chiesa di San Martino - Torgnon

Saint Martin parish church


The oldest historic news dates back to 1413, however the current construction in Neogothic style dates back to 1868. The facade presents the most recent decorations inside tondos and mullioned windows. They depict: the Virgin with Child, with two angels …

Note - this information is not directly connected to the Cammino Balteo path but it is part of the Aosta Valley tourist offer.