Churches and shrines
LOCATION: built in the heart of the village, on land where an old, public press once stood.
HISTORY: completed in 1954, this family chapel dedicated to the Holy Innocents was built by the couple Thérèse and Vincent Gorris as a votive offering during World War II.
INTERESTING DETAILS: the facade was frescoed by the Valdostane painter Italo Mus. An appeal in French on the side to the north invites passers-by to reflect.
The secluded interior is completely covered in cobblestones taken from the Dora. There is large painting in the middle, a work by Italo Mus, depicting the Virgin Mary wrapped in a red cloak while crushing a snake. There are two altars worth noting (the original one has a sculpture of the Sacred Heart and an altar built according to liturgical reform directives, facing followers) and two stained glass windows depicting the patron saints of the Gorris couple, Vincenzo and Teresa.
Note - this information is not directly connected to the Cammino Balteo path but it is part of the Aosta Valley tourist offer.