Churches and shrines
Slightly upstream from the village centre of Aymavilles, along the road that leads to Cogne, the church with its characteristic “trompe-l’oeil” façade, in its current forms, dates back to 1762, but the belltower originates from the previous building, on it there is a rare fourteenth century bell.
The trompe l’oeil façade was painted in 1857 by the painter Grange: in the center the martyrdom of St. Léger, and on the sides the saints Joseph, Germano, Grato and Leonard.
The main altar was made in 1856 by the sculptor Freydoz of Brusson. The organ was built in 1848 by G. N. Cesa.
In the basement it conceals a small crypt, which is attributed to the 9th-10th century. Later enlarged, it had to have three naves (one would have been destroyed or incorporated into the northern wall of the current church).
The relative parish was separated from the other one of Aymavilles, dedicated to Saint-Martin, at the end of the 18th century.