• Parish Church of San Dionigio

    Churches and shrines

Parish Church of San Dionigio

Resorts: Saint-Denis


The Bull issued by Innocent on the 12th May 1204 mentioned the parish church in Saint-Denis as a dependent of the Vicarage of Saint-Gilles. In 1754 the parish was left to the free collation of the bishop.
The current church in Saint-Denis was rebuilt during the mid XVIII century and consecrated on the 3rd June 1794 by Mons. François De Sales. In 1963, due to numerous cracks, the building was declared dangerous and the regional council took on the work of reinforcing and restoring the building. In 1984 it was re-opened to the public.

Note - this information is not directly connected to the Cammino Balteo path but it is part of the Aosta Valley tourist offer.