Honey and its by-products Festival
Wine and gourmet festivals
It is October, the blooms in the mountains are now a reminder of the past months and the beekeepers have brought back to the valley, almost like a bees désarpa, the hives that in summer were filled with nectar and pollen of various species
If there is a product where human intervention is limited to only a few essential steps, it is the tasty Valle d’Aosta honey, worked in the old fashioned style without any heat treatment that could compromise its organoleptic properties
At the end of October Châtillon becomes the Aosta Valley capital of honey. In the streets of the village you can taste and buy honey directly from the producers, there are also many collateral events: displays of ancient beekeeping tools, show cooking moments, tasting of the honeys winners of the competition, themed dinners.
How sweet is coming to Aosta Valley….
- Festival dedicated to an absolutely natural product
- Guided tastings, show cooking,
- Workshops for children
Friday 29th October 2021:
- From 9am to 12pm and from 2pm to 4 pm – Sala Londres
Educational project for children aged 8 to 11 from the local school- Scuola primaria di Châtillon – Information and teaching programme. Organised by the local Agricultural Syndicate and pupils of the Saint Vincent Tourism High School .
- 11 am – Ussel Castle
Press conference to present the Monte Zerbion Skyrace_ that will take place on 14 May 2022, with Bruno BRUNOD, Dennis BRUNOD and Jean PELLISSIER
- 7.15 pm – Istituto Professionale Regionale Alberghiero, rue de la Gare
Dinner Promoting the territory organised by the pupils of the Regional Hotel Management School. Bookings by 27 October 2021 at (+39) 0166 61449. Price €.30,00. Limited availability.
Saturday 30th October 2021:
- From 10 am to 12 pm Kids Cooking lab
Managed by the Aosta Valley Cooks Association. Price € 10.00, including a lab for a kid and an entrance to the castle for the accompanying adult.
- From 2 to 8 pm – Park Gamba Castle Local farmers market organised by Coldiretti VdA.
- from 3 pm CHATEAU MIEL Live an extraordinary experience in the evocative setting of the Castello Gamba, combining culture with food and wine. Make the most of our guided tour of the castle and a superb tasting of Aosta Valley honey, paired with local products of excellence. Organised by the Regional Cooks Association, students of the Châtillon Polytechnic and local councils. Minimum offer € 15.00 including a guided tour and a tasting. Mandatory booking : Tel (+39) 366.9531109 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
in Piazza Volontari del Sangue:
- from 2 to 4 pm mini-trail for kids (up to 12 years) – non-competitive, organised by Mountain Connection. Mandatory registration by calling (+39) 348.1906482 or e-mail email@example.com
- 4 pm Ciao, I am Anna, a busy bee a tale by Luca Mazzocchi, read by Roberta Fonsato. An account of the beehive society from the tale written by Luca Mazzocchi (best known as the bee photographer, winner of the Gold Medal at Apimondia) for his daughter Anna. Tea and Awards ceremony for the Mini trail and children’s drawings will follow.
Sunday 31st October 2021:
- from 10 to 6 pm – Via Chanoux and Via Tollen
Market fair for the XVIII Honey and its by-products Festival
Opening with a parade by the Corps Philharmonique de Châtillon. With the participation of the Italian Masks coordination centre – special guest Asolo (Treviso) the city of honey.
- From 10am to 6pm – Piazza Lexert Mielape at the honey fair- Ape Piaggio e Vespe rally-. Gathering and vehicles display. For information call (+39), e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org www.apeclubditalia.it email@example.com www.saintvincentvespaclub.it
- from 10am to 4pm Casa Conte Luda Park
Mountain bike trail for kids, organised by Mountain Connection. It is advised to bring your own bike. Other limited places are available
- 10.30 am – Salone Polivalente Scuola Primaria Prof. Amato Pio Aymonod
Awards Ceremony XXVII Aosta Valley honey competition – organised by the local Agricultural Department.
- at 9.30, 11 and 1pm Naturalistic excursion, visit Ussel Castle and food and wine tasting – Leave from Piazza Volontari del Sangue. Price 15,00 € – Mandatory booking: (+39) 348.1906482 firstname.lastname@example.org
- at 10.00, 11.00, 2.30pm and 3.30pm Guided tour of the Passerin d’Entrèves park, the beehive and the honey museum Mandatory booking (+39) 366.9531109 email@example.com
- from 11am to 3pm Visit the local artisan chandlery- Meet at the inner Town Hall courtyard – mandatory booking (+39) 389.8043293
- from 2 to 5.30 pm Sala Hotel Londres Free tasting of the winning honeys from the XXVII Aosta Valley Honey Competition made by expert tasters from the Aosta Valley Agricultural and Natural Resources Department. Booking in Piazza Lexert or via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 3 pm Piazza Volontari del Sangue – introducing historical figures in the city centre, who will speak to members of the public
- from 3.30 to 4.30pm Blue Street Band – travelling show of the Châtillon music school
The exhibition “la conta dei Conti del Conte di Saint-Vincent” will be open from 9am to 12pm and from 2 to 5 pm in via Emile Chanoux (small vaulted room in the former library, opposite the post office),
Please note that access to the Ussel and Gamba castles are by booking only.
COMPULSORY GREEN PASS TO ACCESS ALL EVENTS
Note - this information is not directly connected to the Cammino Balteo path but it is part of the Aosta Valley tourist offer.