Note dal Cammino Balteo
A weekend to discover stage 15 of the Cammino Balteo, among villages, castles, terraced vineyards and small villages accompanied by a hiking and naturalistic guide and two free concerts at the end of the day in the splendid settings of La Mothe castle (Arvier) and Introd castle!
- Saturday 29 April: Avise – Saint-Nicolas – Arvier
Length: 6.1km; Altitude difference:470 m (ascent) 536 m (descent)
- Sunday 30 April: Arvier – Introd
Length: 10.7km; Altitude difference:718 m (ascent) 643 m (descent)
WHAT YOU WILL SEE:
- Saturday 29 April: Avise castle, Musée Abbé Cerlogne (Saint-Nicolas), village of Lévérogne (Arvier), La Mothe castle (Arvier)
- Sunday 30 April: Musée Jean-Paul II (Les Combes, Introd) and Château de Introd
WHAT YOU WILL LISTEN:
- Saturday 29 April: La Mothe Castle: Party at the Castle. Renaissance music and dances brought to the stage by the La Rossignol Company.
- Sunday 30 April: Introd Castle: Anna Tifu Tango Quartet concert (violin, bandoneon, piano, double bass). Exciting musical journey from traditional Tango to the jazz and avant-garde influences of Astor Piazzolla and the original compositions of Romeo Scaccia.
THE PROPOSAL INCLUDES:
• accompaniment along the route with a hiking and naturalistic guide (€ 20.00 per person per day)
• guided visits to extraordinarily open sites
• free concerts at the Château La Mothe (Arvier) and at the Château de Introd
• lunch on Saturday 29/4: takeaway (€10.00)
• lunch on Sunday 30/4: € 20.00 (Il Pellegrino Hostel, Loc. Les Combes); €10.00 (take-away lunch)
• luggage transport and transfer services to return to your car
• overnight stay in Arvier at the resort’s accommodation facilities
Experience with limited places and reservation required by completing our FORM.
Our Cogne Tourist Office will take charge of all bookings and will assist participants in choosing and booking of the overnight stay.
PLEASE NOTE: proposal with limited numbers and reservation required. Precedence is granted to those who book the two days with overnight stay.
- guide accompaniment along the route : € 20.00 per person per day
- lunch 29 April: €10.00 (takeaway picked up in Saint-Nicolas)
- lunch 30th April: €10.00 (takeaway picked up in Arvier) or €20.00 (wine and drinks not included) at Ostello Il Pellegrino
- overnight stay in Arvier: from €40.00 (1-star hotel) to €80.00/90.00 (2/3-star hotel) per room with bed and breakfast treatment
- guided visits to cultural sites, concerts, luggage transport and shuttle: free
- dinners: not included
SATURDAY 29 APRIL (Avise-Saint-Nicolas- Arvier)
- Meeting place: 8.30 am from Arvier (parking in front of the Town Hall) where you leave your car to take the shuttle bus to Avise (start of stage)
- Cultural visits along the way: Castle and village of Avise, Musée Abbé Cerlogne (Saint-Nicolas), Medieval village of Lévérogne (Arvier), La Mothe Castle (Arvier)
- Lunch: at 1 pm in Saint-Nicolas picnic area with purchase of take-away lunch (€10.00)
- La Mothe Castle Concert (Arvier): Feast at the Castle with the La Rossignol Company at 4.30pm
- Overnight stay in Arvier: accommodation in 1, 2 and 3 star hotels in the locality
SUNDAY 30 APRIL : Arvier-Les Combes- Introd
- Meeting place: 8:30 am from Arvier (CRAI supermarket)
- Cultural visits along the way: John Paul II Museum in Les Combes (summer resort of the Popes)
- Lunch: at 12 am in Les Combes at Ostello Il Pellegrino (€ 20.00) – limited places – or with the purchase of a takeaway lunch at CRAI Arvier (€ 10.00)
- *Concert Anna Tifu Tango Quartet to Introd Castle*: 4.30pm
- Shuttle back to Arvier: 6.30pm