Churches and shrines
LOCATION: it is located in the heart of the old village of Salirod, on the Saint-Vincent hillside.
HISTORY: the foundation of the chapel, desired by the local population, dates back to 1774. Perhaps that year the oratory was also extended, which had probably been in the district since the end of the seventeenth century. The chapel was dedicated to St. Bartholomew, patron saint of Salirod, celebrated on the 24th of August.
INTERESTING DETAILS: the walnut door is enriched with geometric motif panels. The roof of the small, bell-tower hosts a small bell, with the writing “Jesus Marie S. Joseph O.P.N.[sc. “orate pro nobis”] 1779”. Inside, the choir vault is similar to the Moron church: the arches depart from eight different points and appear to form a cradle, meeting in a central circle. The altar, in gilded wood, is simple and linear and is covered by a wooden canopy with plaster and gold, the only one in the entire parish of Saint-Vincent. Some precious statues, which were once held in the chapel, are now preserved in the parish church museum.
Note - this information is not directly connected to the Cammino Balteo path but it is part of the Aosta Valley tourist offer.