Churches and shrines
LOCATION: on a rocky peak a short distance from the Roman bridge.
HISTORY: originally an oratory erected by the noble Mistralis family. In 1609 François Mistralis extended the oratory and built a hexagonal shaped chapel.
The temple is dedicated to Our Lady of Carmelo, celebrated on the 16th of July; here, on that day, mass was sung and vespers recited. Furthermore, Pracourt Chapel was the destination of an age-old procession held the third Sunday after Easter.
INTERESTING DETAILS: towards the end of the XIX century Our Lady Help of Christians was painted on the facade. A small bell-tower hosts a bell with the inscription “N.D. Carmes – 1911 – Haec dono Carolo Delapierre”. The walnut door and the two windows present a very solid, stone frame. Inside, the altar is worth noting and, on it, a fresco representing the Virgin of Carmelo and the pleading souls of Purgatory at her feet. The walls depict the suffering of Christ and the Resurrection.
Note - this information is not directly connected to the Cammino Balteo path but it is part of the Aosta Valley tourist offer.