Churches and shrines
HISTORY: dedicated to St. James the Great whose feast day is the 25th of July, this chapel dates back to the XVI century. Due to its position outside the village and water infiltration, it has always had serious staticity problems, which the inhabitants of Perrière have tried to resolve over time by providing proof of their faith and the love of their chapel. In 1706 its interior was endowed with 31 frescoed medallions, which are unfortunately no longer visible due to subsequent hands of paint.
INTERESTING DETAILS: the choir, which is older than the nave, is where the original oratory was and includes four frescoes depicting the Evangelists. The upper part of the altar, in a hollow with a small, glass door, hosts a statue of the Virgin Mary of the Miraculous Medal, dated 1850. Situated between the choir and the nave and completely painted in floral motifs, a beautiful Christ hangs from the main beam.
Note - this information is not directly connected to the Cammino Balteo path but it is part of the Aosta Valley tourist offer.