Churches and shrines
LOCATION: on the western edge of the district, the chapel appears to be looking at Col de Joux.
HISTORY: desired by the inhabitants of Lenty in 1644. They decided to call it after the Visitation of the Virgin Mary and a sung mass and vespers were offered to give praise on her feast day, July 2nd.
INTERESTING DETAILS: the facade is rather particular: pastel pink, without inscriptions and ornaments, with an atrium with a semi-oval porch. There is a characteristic, little bell-tower on the projecting roof.
Inside, the choir and the nave, about four square meters each, are similar chambers even though they date from different eras. In fact, here as in other chapels, the choir was originally the oratory and was presumably extended during the second half of the eighteenth century.
Worth noting, the Baroque style altar with two twisted columns whose sides are covered with various angel heads. The hollow at the centre of the altar hosts a beautiful statue of the Crowned Virgin, in polychrome wood, which probably dates back to the first half of the nineteenth century. The Carrying of the Cross, composed of four prints from Paris, was donated in 1878 by a lady from Lenty.
Note - this information is not directly connected to the Cammino Balteo path but it is part of the Aosta Valley tourist offer.